Injury Attorney, Personal Injury

Do I have to file a Back Injury Lawsuit?

Posted by Trent Kelly on November 21, 2018
Do I have to file a Back Injury Lawsuit?

If your back was injured in an auto, motorcycle, truck, boat or pedestrian accident, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Texas to receive monetary compensation for your injuries.

Personal injury lawsuits cover the injuries suffered by those who have been hurt due to the negligence of another human being. When the plaintiff is determined in court to be the cause of the accident that caused your injury, you are entitled to receive monetary compensation from the guilty party’s insurance company.
Injury to the back is very common after an automobile accident, for example, and these injuries lead to several unpleasant consequences. Back pain is the main reason that people become disabled all over the world and is the number one reason that people miss work. Back pain is the third most common reason that patients visit their doctors. It is also very expensive. Americans spend $50 billion each year to treat their back pain, and if we add the wages and productivity that have been lost, the number increases to $100 billion.

Back pain affects individuals and their families in many negative ways. If you have a family, you may have begun to avoid doing the things that you used to enjoy with your spouse or children. In addition to that, you may be very wary of the activities that will make your back pain worse. Since it can take a long time for a back injury to recover, you want to avoid making it worse as much as you can. This can lead to depression, and it doesn’t improve while the situation remains as it is. Because you may not be able to work while you are recovering from your injury, things may be difficult for you and your family financially, and this only adds to the anxiety that you may be feeling right now.

If you or a loved one is suffering from back pain due to an accident, you need to retain the services of attorney Trent Kelly today. You may be entitled to receive monetary compensation for the medical treatment you have had to endure up until this point. Your attorney may be able to obtain a settlement for you that will offer you a sum for lost wages, future medical expenses and any renovations you may need to have done to your house to make life easier for you. If a settlement isn’t possible, Mr. Trent Kelly will be able to file a lawsuit and try your case in court.

Trent Kelly’s partner Jim Terry has been in private practice for 15 years. In that time, he has successfully obtained several positive verdicts and settlements for his clients. He has experience dealing with insurance companies that do not treat his clients fairly, so you will be in excellent hands with him, too. Terry and Kelly are the attorneys that you need to bring you back to where you were before you experienced your accident.

If you are searching for more information on your back injury, you can contact the American Chronic Pain Association or the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

Share this...

Get Started Now

Tell us about your case and our attorneys will contact you promptly

Blog Sidebar Form V2

We Respect Your Privacy. Privacy Policy