PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN AUSTIN, TX.
Helping Clients in Austin Pursue Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrian accidents can occur when overzealous motor vehicle operators are distracted, intoxicated, or otherwise operate their vehicles in a careless and negligent manner under the circumstances. Pedestrians who are lawfully present in crosswalks, on sidewalks, and in parking lots and parking garages typically do not have any outer shell or protective covering surrounding them, the way that cyclists might have helmets. Therefore, when a motor vehicle collides with them – most especially at a high rate of speed – the chances that they will sustain a serious injury are high.
Depending upon the circumstances of the accident, pedestrians can suffer extremely serious injuries, including traumatic brain and head injuries, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and soft tissue injuries. Any of these injuries can result in the need for a significant amount of medical care, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Pedestrians are ill-equipped to emerge from an encounter with a motor vehicle without a scratch. This is why Crosswalks exist. Even so, When negligent motorists collide with pedestrians the results are often tragic injuries and wrongful death. For those who survive, they must suffer insult on top of injury as insurance adjusters attempt to blame them for the negligent actions of their insureds.
At Terry & Kelly, PLLC, we are familiar with the tactics of the insurance companies and know how difficult it can be for pedestrian accident victims to deal with the emotional stress of their injuries as well as the financial stress of mounting medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
Jim Terry and Trent Kelly our Austin pedestrian accident attorneys work tirelessly to obtain full compensation for the victims of negligence. You can gain peace of mind from our personal approach to personal injury. Through all phases of the legal process, you can count on working directly with Jim and Trent as they tailor a strategy to your unique needs and never settle unless it is in your best interest.
If you or a person you love has suffered an injury in a pedestrian accident, the experienced Austin pedestrian accident lawyers at Terry & Kelly, PLLC, can help you file a claim or lawsuit against all potentially responsible parties. Please give us a call today to learn more about how we could help you pursue the compensation you deserve for all of the injuries which you suffered in your Austin pedestrian accident.
Negligent motor vehicle operation is one of the most likely causes of pedestrian accidents that occur in and around Austin. Negligent driving that leads to a pedestrian accident can take several different forms, including the following:
- Violating traffic laws – When motor vehicle operators violate traffic laws, most especially at traffic intersections, by speeding, failing to obey traffic control devices, and failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians who are lawfully present in a crosswalk, they significantly increase their chances of colliding with a pedestrian.
- Distracted driving – Motor vehicle drivers engage in distracted driving when they divert their attention to someone or something other than the road while they are operating their vehicle. For example, if a driver looks away from the road – even for a split second – to look at a text message on his or her phone, the driver may miss a pedestrian who is present in a crosswalk at a traffic intersection, colliding with him or her.
- Intoxicated driving – When drivers operate their vehicles while they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, their reaction time may slow, and they may be unable to stop their vehicle early enough to avoid colliding with a pedestrian.
Other Typical Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents and crosswalk accidents in Texas occur due to a variety of negligent actions by car and truck drivers. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Making an illegal turn
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to signal or check mirrors before merging
- Driving on sidewalks
- Ignoring crossing guards and traffic cops
Regardless of the exact cause of your accident, if you have been struck by a negligent motorist you should contact our office Austin pedestrian accident lawyer to find out how Jim and Trent can protect your rights.
More client comments are available on our Testimonials page.
Hurt In A Pedestrian Accident? Contact The Lawyers At Terry & Kelly, PLLC. Austin pedestrian accident lawyer.
If you or a person you love has suffered an injury in a pedestrian accident that was caused by a negligent, reckless, or careless driver, the skilled legal team at Terry & Kelly, PLLC, could help you pursue the monetary compensation that you deserve for your injuries. For a free legal consultation and case evaluation with an Austin pedestrian accident attorney, please call today at (512) 910-2000 or contact us online for more information.